Long grain/Basmati Rice- 2 cup
Tomato - 1 cup Sliced thin
Onion - 1 large sliced thin
Green chillies - 2-3 split
Garlic - 2-3 cloves crushed
Black Pepper Powder-1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup chopped
Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
1. Cook the rice with salt according to the package directions. Fluff using a fork and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a wide pan or wok, and splutter mustard seeds,add crushed garlic,split green chillies,and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
3. Now add thinly sliced onion and saute until soft,and then add sliced tomato and saute until it becomes soft and mushy.
4. Add all the powders and saute until its raw smell goes. Now add chopped coriander leaves and mix well
5. Add and mix the cooked rice well with the above masala. Adjust salt.Remove from heat and serve hot with pickle,curd or papad.:)