Bitter gourd/Pavakka/Kaipakka - 1 or 2
Onion - half of a medium one
Coconut chips- 2-3 tbsp
Green chillies- 2 split
Chilli powder- 1 tsp
1. Cut the ends of Bitter gourd/Pavakka/Kaipakka.Cut it in the middle into two halves and again cut it into two length wise.You should have 4 long strips. Remove the seeds and spongy material in the gourd.
2. Put the cut vegetable in water for 1 hr .It helps in reducing the bitterness.
3. Then cut it into thin slices. Mix it with sliced onion,salt,red chilli powder and split green chillies.
4. Heat oil in a pan.Add the coconut chips and saute for a few seconds.Add the above mix and saute well in medium heat until its almost cooked.
5. Reduce the heat to low/simmer and saute it in low flame for 5-6 minutes until its crispy. Take care not to burn the onion slices. Crispy bitter gourd will have less bitterness.
Serve hot !!