Chinese potato/Koorka - 300 gm, Peeled and Cleaned (I used cooked and frozen koorka bought from Indian store- Tulsi brand)
Long beans (optional ) - 100 gm , Cleaned and cut
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Green chillies - 2-3
Red chillies -6-8
Shallots -10 nos
Chilli powder -1 tsp
1. Cook the cleaned koorka and long beans in enough water with turmeric powder and split green chillies .
2. When water dries and the koorka is done, remove from heat and keep aside
3.Crush the shallots and red chillies together in a mortar or just give a pulse in the mixer .
4. Heat oil in a pan and saute the the crushed shallot-red chilly mix until the raw smell goes .
5. Add the cooked koorka- payar to this and saute well.
6. Add salt and chilli powder and mix well .You can avoid chilli powder if you don't want hot mezhukkupuratty .
7.Reduce the heat to low and keep the pan for 10 minutes or so, with occasional stirring .
8.When it is done remove from heat and serve hot with rice!!