Ash gourd chopped - 1 cup
Chembu(Taro/Arvi/Colocasia ) or Potato diced -1/2 cup(optional)
Red chori/Vanpayar - 1/2 cup cooked
Green chillies - 2 or 3 split lengthwise
Thin coconut milk - 1 cup
Thick coconut milk- 1/2 cup
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Coconut Oil - 1tbsp
1. Remove the rind and seeds from ash gourd ,clean and cut it into small square pieces
2. Peel and clean the taro/potato and cut it into small square pieces
3. Cook these two along with green chillies ,cooked payar and salt in water .
4. When water evaporates add thin coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add thick coconut milk and switch off the stove .
6. Add 1 tbsp pf coconut oil along with hand crushed curry leaves
Serve with rice