Boneless chicken -200 gm cleaned and cubed
Basmati rice- 2 cup
Onion - 1 Big chopped
Capsicum - 1 chopped
Soy sauce- 2-3 tbsp
Chilli sauce- 2 tbsp
Green chilli - 2-3 split lengthwise
Gralic- 2 cloves chopped
Black pepper powder - 1tsp
Corinader leaves/ spring onion - for garnishing
1. Wash and drain the basmati rice.Cook it with enough salt and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok ,add the green chillies and garlic and saute them for few minutes.
3. Add the chopped onion ,saute till they are soft.
4. Add the chopped capsicum and pepper powder, saute for few minutes.
5. Now add the sauces and mix well.When they start bubbling add chicken and mix well.
6. Add enough water to cook the chicken. Adjust the salt. Keep in mind that we added salt in rice too.
7. Close the wok with a lid and cook till the chicken is done and dried completely. Stir occasionally
8. Add the cooked rice and mix well with chicken.
9. Keep covered for 1-2 minutes in low heat. Remove lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves or spring onion. Serve hot
# Original recipe by Dr.Lakshmi Nair follows cooking rice and chicken together from step 5.But when me and my SIL tried this recipe,we found it is not coming out well, either chicken is not properly cooked or rice is overcooked .So I modified it by cooking rice and chicken separately.It helps.
Recipe courtesy -: Dr.Lakshmi Nair- Magic oven