All purpose flour- 1 .1/4 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Butter - 1/3 cup
Vanilla essence -2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder- -2 Tbsp
1. Sieve together the flour, salt and baking powder and keep aside
2. Beat sugar and butter till its creamy
3. Add egg one by one and beat well
4. Add vanilla essence and mix well
5. Add the flour slowly and milk alternately.Mix well
6.Take another bowl ,and pour 2-3 tbsp of the batter to it .Mix the cocoa powder with it very well
7. Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F.
8. Grease a 9 inch pan with butter or oil . Pour white batter to this and and the 2-3 tsp of chocolate mix over it . Continue this alternatively.
9. Swirl using a knife/fork (optional)
10. Bake for 35-40 minutes or the cake turns golden on top or when the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy: Kaipunyam