Ever tried to make a pizza at home ,starting from the base ? It is very easy.Try this recipe.This recipe is from Rakskitchen. I made slight changes in the toppings ,with vegetables available at home .
Ingredients for the Pizza base
All purpose flour /Maida- 1.5 cup
Active dry yeast - 1tbsp
Milk- 1/4 cup
Water -1/4 cup
Sugar -1/2 tbsp
Salt- 3/4 tsp
Olive oil - 1/8 cup
Toppings I used
Tomato sauce- 2 tbsp(Use pasta/pizza sauce if you have it at home)
Mozzarella cheese- grated ,to cover the toppings
Onion- 1 chopped
Tomato - 1/2 chopped and deseeded
Capsicum- 1/2 chopped
Mushroom - 5-6 chopped
You can use paneer ,baby corn, broccoli,cooked cauliflower etc..
1.Take a bowl ,mix olive oil, sugar ,salt and boiled water.Dissolve sugar and salt
2.Add milk and yeast to it ,and dissolve yeast well
3.Add all purpose flour and knead to make a smooth dough.
4.Keep covered with a wet clothe for an hour. It will be double in size after 1 hr.
5.Knead it again smoothly and roll it into a single base
6.Adjust the size and thickness ,depending on your pizza pan size and Fold the sides of the base inward
7. Prick the base using a fork for better cooking of the base and transfer it to the greased pizza pan.I dont have a pizza pan, so I used greased foil paper in a cake pan .
8. Spread the sauce and sprinkle some cheese
9. Spread the veggies over it
10. Cover the veggies with grated cheese ,drizzle a little olive oil .
11. Pre heat oven to 400 degree F,and bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes. The base and the cheese turns golden brown in color.
Enjoy yummy home made pizza