Basmati Rice/Long grained rice - 2 cups
Chicken -boneless- 1/2 cup
Egg - 2
Capsicum - 1/4 cup,chopped
Carrot- 1/4 cup,chopped
Beans - 10 no: or 1/4 cup chopped
Spring onion - 6-8 nos
Pepper powder-1 tbsp+ 1 tsp
Corn flour - 1/2 tsp
Soy sauce- 1 tsp
1. Cook the rice with enough water and salt and allow it to cool.Take care not to overcook.
2. Cook the chicken pieces in water and salt ,and when it is done ,shred it using hands or fork.Mix the chicken pieces with pepper powder and corn flour.Heat oil in a shallow pan and fry this for a few minutes.Keep aside
3. Cut the carrot and capsicum as long thin strips of 1 inch size, slice the beans thinly in elongated pattern.(or cut all vegetables according to your creativity )Cut the lower white portion of spring onion to round slices.Chop the upper green portion separately and keep aside.
4. Beat the egg adding salt and pepper powder and scramble the egg in a shallow pan with enough oil.Keep aside
5. Heat oil in a wide mouthed pan.Add the white spring onion,carrot, beans, capsicum and saute for 3-5 minutes with a little bit of salt until veggies are well fried and cooked .Add shredded chicken and pepper powder.Saute well
6. Now add soy sauce and cooked rice,mix well.Finally add scrambled egg and green spring onion.Mix and saute for 2-3 minutes in medium heat and remove from stove.
Serve hot !!!
Note: 1) You can make egg fried rice with the same recipe,by avoiding chicken pieces
2) Vegetable fried rice can be made by avoiding egg and chicken in the same recipe