March 1, 2012
Chicken - boned or boneless -500 gm (1 lb)
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Cumin powder- 1 tsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp
Garlic- 1 tsp ,crushed
Ginger- 1 tsp crushed
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Butter- 2 tbsp ,preferably unsalted ,at room temperature
Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Tomato ketchup - 1tbsp
Oil - 1/2 cup or for frying the chicken
Red color - a pinch
Coriander leaves - one handful chopped
Salt - as required
1. Cut the chicken into small pieces or size of your choice. Clean it by adding 1 tbsp of vinegar, salt and all purpose flour.Drain the water several times and pat dry.Keep aside
2. Grind ginger,garlic, chilly powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and salt together to a fine paste using enough water.
3. Marinate the chicken pieces with this and keep in refrigerator for 2 hrs.
4. After 2 hrs , take the marinated chicken from refrigerator and mix well with 1 tbsp of butter, and yogurt.Cook it in a thick bottomed vessel ,without adding water ,in medium heat.
5. After almost 15 minutes,when the chicken is almost done,add garam masala, mix well and stir continuously until all the water is evaporated from chicken and it is fully dried.
6. Heat oil in another pan , and deep/shallow fry the chicken pieces.
7. Take another pan,mix 1 tbsp butter,chopped coriander leaves, ketchup and red color. Transfer this to a stove top on low heat.When the butter is melted mix all ingredients well and add the fried chicken pieces.Mix well and serve hot !!!
This can be served with chapati,parotta and as an appetizer ..
Recipe courtesy :Jeleena & Jereena of jellyjerry.com