Basmati Rice - 2 cup
Shrimp- 500 gm (1lb)
Onion- 2 medium,chopped
Tomato - 1 big,chopped
Garlic- 1 tbsp chopped
Ginger -1 tbsp chopped
Green chillies- 3-4
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala - 3/4 tsp
Mint leaves(pudina)- 1/2+1/2 cup chopped
Coriander leaves (Cilantro) - 1/2 +1/2 cup chopped
Cashew nut- 1/4 cup (optional)
Raisins- 1/4 cup (optional)
Water - 1 cup
1. Cook basmati rice with enough water and salt.Keep aside
2. Heat oil in a big and deep pan,add and saute chopped onion, garlic,ginger and green chillies.When it is soft add chilly powder,turmeric powder, and coriander powder and saute until the raw smell goes.
3. Add chopped tomato and when it is soft add Garam masala and mix well.
4. Add half of chopped mint and cilantro leaves.
4. Add cleaned shrimp/prawns and mix well .Pour water and adjust salt.Close with a lid and cook. It will take 3-5 minutes
5. When the shrimp is done and water is almost evaporated, add cooked rice and mix well.
6.When it is completely dried add the remaining leaves and remove from heat.
Serve hot with Raita, Pickle and Papad!!!
Note : Adjust the quantity of chilly powder/green chilly and leaves(mint and cilantro)according to your taste
Recipe Courtesy : Dr.Lakshmi Nair -Magic Oven