All Purpose Flour- 3/4 cup
Corn flour/corn starch -1/2 cup
Salt- 1/8 tsp
Confectioners sugar /Powdered sugar- 1/4 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup at room temperature
Vanilla Extract- 1/2 tsp
Confectioners sugar /Powdered sugar -1/4 cup for topping
1. Whisk together all purpose flour, corn starch and salt
2. Beat the butter and sugar well using a hand mixer until its creamy and smooth for about 2 minutes.Beat in vanilla extract.
3. Add the flour mixture and incorporate well.
4. Cover and refrigerate the batter for 1 or 2 hrs until its firm.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F/177 degrees C. Place rack in the center of oven .Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. After 1-2 hrs, make balls of 1 inch size using hands ,and place them on baking sheets.Space the balls 1 inch apart.
7. Bake for 10- 14 minutes .Remove from oven and place the sheets on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes.
8. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack,placed over a sheet of parchment paper or butter paper.Take confectioners sugar in a fine strainer and sieve it over the cookies.Or sprinkle it on top of the cookies.
9. When it is cooled,store it in airtight container with wax paper in between.
It makes about 18-20 cookies.!!!
Recipe courtesy : Joy of Baking