All purpose flour/Maida-1 cup
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
1.Combine all ingredients together and knead to make a soft dough ,using enough water(like we make for chappathi )
2. Cover with a wet clean cloth and keep in room temperature for 4 hrs.
3. Make lemon sized balls and roll it into thick oval shaped(or round) baturas.
4. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan .Oil should be medium heat.
5. Slide the batura into the oil and using the ladle,press the centre and edges of the batura.You can see it puffing up. Flip over and fry until it turns light golden color.
6. Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon ,and drain in paper towel.
Serve hot with Chhole/Channa Masala and Sliced Onion ..