All Purpose flour- 1 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar- 1 cup
Cocoa powder- 1/4 cup unsweetened,sifted -not dutch processed
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Baking soda- 3/4 tsp
Salt- 1/4 tsp
Unsweetened Butter- 1/3 cup,melted
Warm water- 1cup
Lemon juice - 1tbsp
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 350 F(177 C) and place the rack in the center of oven.
2. In a greased 8 inch square pan/9 inch round pan mix the flour,sugar, cocoa powder,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix the melted butter, warm water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
4. Add this to the flour and mix all the ingredients well without any lumps
5. Bake it in preheated oven for 30 minutes,or when a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.Remove from oven and cool it on a wire rack.
Recipe Courtesy : Joy of Baking