Vendakka/Bhindi/Okra - 6-8 nos
Green chillies -3
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup (beat it without adding water)
Mustard - 1 tsp
1. Clean and remove the ends of okra and chop it in round shape with 1 cm thickness. Chop the green chillies in round.
2. Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the chopped green chillies and okra into it. Fry until okra turns brown in color, take care not to burn it.
3. Meanwhile grind the grated coconut with a tbsp of yogurt and a little water into a fine paste. When it is ground to a fine paste ,add 1/2 tsp of mustard to it and just blend it once to crush the mustard.
4. When the okra is fried well,remove excess oil from the pan.Add the ground coconut to the fried okra ,mix well and heat. When the edges of the gravy starts bubbling , remove it from the stove top.
5. Pour this to the serving dish and allow to cool.When cooled add the yogurt and mix well.
6. Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds, add red chillies and curry leaves. Pour this tempering to the gravy.
Serve with rice ..