Spinach/Palak - 1lb - 500 gm, cleaned and chopped
Toor dal - 1/2 cup,cooked
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Cooked rice- 1 tbsp
Red chillies- 2-3
1. Clean an chop spinach. Try to avoid stem.
2. Heat oil in a pan/cheena chatty ,Splutter mustard seeds, then add cooked rice, red chillies and curry leaves.Saute for a minute
3. Stir in chopped leaves.Volume will get reduced to 1/4th. Stir well.
4. Add cooked toor dal and mix well.
5. Add salt - Keep in mind to add less salt than what you usually add to other curries.
6. Mix coconut and turmeric powder together and add to the spinach-dal and mix well.
7. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat
Serve hot !!!