All Purpose flour- 1 1/4 cup
Baking powder- 2tsp
Powdered sugar /Confectioner's sugar - 1 cup
Butter - 1/4 cup melted ,or at room temperature
Vanilla essence - 2tsp
Egg white - 3 at room temperature
Milk - 1/2 cup
For Icing/ Frosting
Heavy whipping cream - 100 ml
Powdered sugar - 3-4 tsp
Cherries/Strawberries/grapes /any fruits 8-10 numbers
1. Mix the flour and baking powder together,and sieve it twice.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together by adding sugar gradually until its creamy.
3. Add egg white into this and beat well.Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Add flour and milk to this alternately , beginning and ending with flour.Mix well with a spoon
5. Preheat oven to 350 F/160 C.
6. Grease a 9" pan with butter or oil. Pour batter into this and bake for 35-40 minutes/ When the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. When the cake is done,cool it on a wire rack. When cake is almost cooled, You can start making whipped cream
8.Beat the heavy whipping cream, using a hand mixer by gradually adding sugar .Beat until it forms a firm peak.Watch some YouTube videos to see exactly when to stop beating.
9. Spread this whipped cream on the cooled cake .Decorate with cherries and chocolate shavings.Enjoy !!!
Note : I turned my cake upside down before frosting to get a flat surface for frosting.So I used a parchment paper/non stick liner in my baking pan before pouring the batter and buttered it