All Purpose Flour- 3/4cup
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt -1/2 tsp
Light brown sugar - 3/4 cup
Dried nuts - 1cup coarsely chopped(nuts of your choice-almond, cashew nut,walnut,pecan ,hazel nut etc.)
Dried fruits - 1 cup coarsely chopped (dried fruits of your choice-raisin,cranberry,apricot,cherries,dates,figs etc.)
Eggs- 3 large
Vanilla extract - 1tsp
1. Preheat oven to 300F,(150 C) and place rack at the center of the oven.Butter the pan.(9 inch round pan,or 9x5 inch loaf pan)
2. In a large bowl,mix all purpose flour,salt, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar.Stir in all fruits and nuts.Mix with hands and make sure all of them are coated with flour mix.
3. In a separate bowl,beat eggs and vanilla extract using an electric mixer or wire whisk until it is light colored and thick.
4. Add this egg mixture to the fruit-nut-flour mixture and mix well.Make sure the fruits and nuts are well coated.
5. Bake for about 35-45 minutes (depending on your oven)until the cake is golden brown in color and the edges are pulled away from the pan.
6. Remove from the oven and cool it on a wire rack. To store remove from the pan and cover with aluminium foil or plastic wrap.You can store it in room temperature or refrigerator.
This cake tastes best after one or two days..