Ginger - 1/2 cup,finely chopped
Green Chillies - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Tamarind juice - 1/2 cup (goose berry sized tamarind,soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and juice extracted )
Jaggery - 1/4 cup grated
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/8 tsp
Chilly powder- 1/4 tsp
Fenugreek powder-1/4 tsp(Fenugreek fried and powdered)
1. Heat oil in a pan ,splutter mustard seeds, add red chillies and curry leaves.
2. Add chopped ginger and chilly and fry it until ginger turns brown in color
3. Add the tamarind juice and when it boils stir in turmeric powder,chilly powder, Asafoetida, and jaggery.
4. Boil and allow it to thicken and switch off the stove.
5. Fry and grind Fenugreek to fine powder and when the inji curry is cooled ,add this powder to the curry and mix well.