Moong Dal/Cheru payar parippu - 1 cup
Grated coconut- 1/2 cup
Green chillies- 2
Coconut Oil- 2tbsp
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
1. Heat a tawa and fry the moong dal.Take care not to burn/brown it.
2. Transfer the fried moong dal into a pressure cooker with enough water and cook.Cook for 3-4 whistles.Remove excess water
3. Meanwhile grind coconut,green chillies and cumin to a fine paste
4. Add this paste to the cooked dal and mix well. Boil it.
5. Switch off the stove and add coconut oil and crushed curry leaves and Serve hot with Rice along with Ghee and Pappadam
Note :Take care to keep a medium consistency by using enough water.The curry tends to thicken on cooling.