Prawns - 10-12 no: peeled and cleaned
Onion- 1 sliced
Shallots -5-6 chopped
Green chilly- 2-3 split lengthwise
Tomato - 1 small ,chopped
Chilly powder- 1 tsp
Coriander powder- 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts- 5-6
1. Mix and crush together the onion, shallots, green chillies, Tomato ,1 tsp of coconut oil ,salt and all powders using hands ('njeraduka ' in malayalam )in a cooking vessel. Add cleaned prawns to this and mix well.Keep marinated for 30 minutes.
2. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of water to this and cook.
3. Meanwhile grind the coconut and cashew nuts together to fine paste.
4. Pour this paste to the cooked prawns ,and allow it to heat for a short time.DO NOT boil .Just heating is required
5. Add chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat.
6. Heat coconut oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds, add curry leaves .Pour this tempering to the kuruma
Serve Hot with chappati, appam etc!!!